Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The beauty of minimal life that i cherish



Today is another peaceful raining day in my place. Although it's not a heavy rain, its been pouring out nicely all day since the night before. The rain watering the whole soil and plants in my neighborhood generously. Now i have an excuse to save my water and not taking time to water my plants in the yard. :p - A week has passed since the rainy season arrived in my hometown. I believe in a few days, many new greens will sprout and cover the dried hill near my house. Consistency always adds up and bring visible results, rainy season is no exception. It's difficult to do something consistently, just as the minimal life i'd like to pursue in my daily life right now.

I always love the concept of minimal lifestyle. Organized things, clean house, neat table... Though sometimes organizing and cleaning seems stressful for me. But it makes my heart content once i'm done doing it. Even so, I can't call my self a 'minimalist' yet. I often have a hard time to throw things i already had. I always unconsciously attached my self on things. In the other hand, i love to have less things. It's easier to cleaning when you don't have many things on top of the table or shelves. Less things also will reduce the time we spend on looking and organized things. Maybe those were some of the reasons why i always think 3-4 times before buying any 'tempting but not really needed' items. Very often we find our space piled up with stuff we don't really need. I also might have to give up my (still nice) old things to give some space for my new things. I want to fill my storage nicely without overloading them.

Themed color interior is pretty. Hanging a little artsy stuff in the wall corner is cute. Fancy cooking stuff is tempting. But I think its better to pursue a simple enjoyable life with what i already have rather than buying and wasting things, trying to fit into minimal lifestyle. I'd like to fill my space with things i appreciate and cherish.

Above it all, i want to spend more time on things i want to do rather than housework. It supposed to be easier to keep a simple lifestyle if you genuinely love and enjoy it. Remember to always put your things back on their own place. Wash your dirty dishes immediately after use. Don't let it piled up! Small habit like that will make a big difference and help you to make your space always look neat and sleek. Minimal life need self commitment and discipline.

I used to hear that its difficult to keep a simple lifestyle due to family member with conflicting lifestyle. Sometimes seeing stuffs that aren't returned in its place does bothers me and kicks up my organizing instinct. But if it's my family personal things, i'm trying not to move it unless they give me permissions. I have to respect their space and only interfere in areas where i can/may do. I'd be great if they can participate, but never force your lifestyle in to someone else's so you can achieve your lifestyle goals. Just like anyone else, you won't be happy if someone force something you don't cherish, on to yours. Just because they don't share the same lifestyle goals with you, it doesn't mean you can't go for a sustainable simple life.

Sometimes, we need to look back to see the main reason why we want to have a simpler lifestyle. With clear goals and mindset, it will be easier to achieve it with our own way. I.. Enjoy the relaxation that i derived from a simple life i do. How's yours? What kind of lifestyle do you love? :)

Love, CY

No comments:

Post a Comment